AgilePM (DSDM) Foundation & Practitioner
The use of these materials assumes delivery by a properly accredited trainer through an appropriately certified training organization.
AgilePM developed in partnership with APMG and the DSDM Consortium, offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile. The focus of agile project management is on developing solutions incrementally enabling project teams to react effectively to changing requirements, whilst empowering project personnel and encouraging increased collaboration and ownership.
This five-day AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner certification lives up to its name by providing the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
This five-day course leads to the AgilePM Practitioner certification. During the course delegates will get the opportunity to prepare for the exam and utilise our extensive database of practice questions. This course will enable delegates to gain a foundational understanding of all the key parts of the Agile DSDM guidance including:
· Choosing the right Agile approach
· Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
· Preparing for Success
· The DSDM Process
· The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
· The DSDM Products
· Key Practices – MoSCoW and Time boxing
· Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
· Facilitated Workshops
· Modelling and Iterative Development
· People, Teams and Interactions
· Understand how Agile Project Management projects are delivered to time, cost & quality
· Understand when and why to select Agile Project Management
· Plan and organise Agile Project Management projects
· Successfully complete a project using the required Agile Life-cycle, Processes, Roles, Management Products and Practices/Techniques
Although there is no mandatory requirement, ideally candidates should have at least two years professional experience working in Project Management. The AgilePM Practitioner would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
· Senior Project Officers
· Project & Program Coordinator/Managers
· Development & Planning Managers
· Operations Managers
· Quality Managers
· Business Analysts
· Engineering Managers
· IT Infrastructure Managers
· Internal Consultants
· Professional Consultants
This qualification is aimed at anyone working within any environment that has responsibilities for identifying, assessing, planning, or managing projects, or reporting on project management activities across the organisation.
The above list is a suggestion only; individuals may wish to attend based on their own career aspirations, personal goals or objectives. Delegates may take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs.
There are no prerequisites for the foundation exam.
Pre-requisites accepted to be eligible to take the Practitioner examination:
· AgilePM Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version), or
· DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
· DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate
Module 1 – Course overview and introduction
Module 2 – The DSDM approach
Module 3 – The DSDM team model
Module 4 – Lifecycle and products
Module 5 – People, teams and collaboration
Module 6 – Requirements and user stories
Module 7 – Workshops and prioritation
Module 8 – Time boxing, iterative development and testing
Module 9 – Planning and control
Module 10 – Practitioner exam preparation
Module 11 – Group activities and buzz exercises