IMPORTANT: Please kindly take note that we do not take cash, our banking details and references are provided on our website. Thank you kindly for choosing us as your preferred training provider of choice.
COBIT 5 Awareness
COBIT 5 Awareness
Course Description Overview
Course Description Overview:
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. Launched in April 2012, COBIT 5 helps maximise the value of information by incorporating the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
This one day awareness course will give you a flavour of what COBIT 5 is, and when used effectively can govern the use of your existing processes throughout your IT Enterprise. The course will introduce COBIT 5 and how it works with existing frameworks, discuss the COBIT 5 principles, highlight the COBIT 5 enablers, and discuss how you would measure and assess processes using the framework.
This course is designed to provide a high-level overview of COBIT and enable delegates to understand how an integrated IT Governance framework might be utilised to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity.
The areas that this course is designed to cover are:
· How IT management issues are affecting organisations
· The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
· How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
· How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
· The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
· The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT
Although there is no mandatory requirement, ideally candidates should have at least two year’s professional experience working in an IT Services environment.
The COBIT 5 Awareness course would suit candidates working in the following IT professions or areas:
· IT Auditors · IT Managers
· IT Quality professionals
· IT Leadership
· IT Developers
· Process practitioners
· Managers in IT service providing firms
The above list is a suggestion only; individuals may wish to attend based on their own career aspirations, personal goals or objectives.
Delegates may take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs.
There is no prerequisite to attending this awareness course, although it is recommended that candidates should have a good understanding of enterprise governance concepts and IT organisational management.
Lesson 1: COBIT 5 Overview and Key Features
· What is COBIT 5?
· COBIT 5 Scope
· History of COBIT 5
· The Drivers for COBIT 5
· Mapping COBIT 5 with other frameworks
· Mapping COBIT 5 in a business
Lesson 2: The Five COBIT 5 Principles
· Introduction to Meeting Stakeholders Needs
· Introduction to The Goals Cascade
· Introduction to Covering an Enterprise Endo-to-end
· Introduction to Single Integrated Framework
· Introduction to Enabling a Holistic Approach
· Introduction to Separating Governance from Management
Lesson 3: The Seven COBIT 5 Enablers
· COBIT 5 Enabler Dimensions
· Introduction to Enabler 1 – Principles, Policy and Frameworks
· Introduction to Enabler 2 – Processes
· Introduction to Enabler 3 – Organisational Structures
· Introduction to Enabler 4 – Culture, Ethics and Behaviour
· Introduction to Enabler 5 – Information
· Introduction to Enabler 6 – Services, Infrastructure and Applications
· Introduction to Enabler 7 – People, Skills and Competencies
Lesson 4: COBIT Implementation
· Challenges to Success · Key Success Factors
· COBIT 5 Lifecycle Approach
· COBIT 5 Implementation Lifecycle
· Phase 1 – What are the Drivers?
Lesson 5: The COBIT 5 Process Capability Model
· What is a Process Assessment
· What is the COBIT Assessment Programme
· The Differences between a Capability and Maturity Assessment
· Overview of the COBIT 5 Capability Model & Assessments