IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Practitioner Certification (2016 Edition)
The use of these materials assumes delivery by a properly accredited trainer through an appropriately certified training organization.
In the ITIL Foundation Certification course, you took the first step toward learning and comprehending the definitions and purpose of effective and efficient IT Service Management. Applying that knowledge and appreciation of the IT Service Management terms and best practices is the logical next step—which is the objective of this course, IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Practitioner Certification (2016 Edition). The ITIL Practitioner certification centers on applying that foundational ITIL knowledge and processes to improving IT services and management. This course provides guidance and practice in applying your foundational knowledge. This is best accomplished by using the Guidance book, Toolkit, and practice on case studies and reflective application in your own IT organization. By taking your ITIL Foundation knowledge and putting it to good use, you begin to see how ITIL best practices can be applied to simple situations and improvements. These improvements, however small, increase your IT organization's efficiency and effectiveness. You gain that experience in this course through practicing the principles of the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach, the nine guiding principles of ITIL, and the best practice and options for communication, organizational change management, and measuring success or failure.
This course is accredited by ACQUIROS and PEOPLECERT.
In this course, you will apply the guiding principles and concepts of ITIL, and also prepare to sit for the ITIL Practitioner certification exam.
- Identify the basic requirements and principles of the ITIL Practitioner certification.
- Integrate the six steps of the CSI approach with the nine guiding principles.
- Implement the purpose, goals, and objectives of metrics and measurements.
- Apply the principles of effective communication.
- Design and implement an Organizational Change Management plan.
To ensure your success in this course, you need to have a basic understanding of the ITIL Foundation terminology and concepts. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following South African Career Campus course:
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification (2011 Edition)
If you wish to use the overheads provided in the data files, you will need to set up a computer for the instructor.
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (×86) or 64-bit (×64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 × 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
Lesson 1: Orientation to the ITIL Practitioner Certification
Topic A: The ITIL Practitioner Certification
Topic B: The Nine Guiding Principles of ITIL Practitioner
Topic C: The Three Core Competencies of ITIL Practitioner
Lesson 2: Integrating the Guiding ITIL Principles and the CSI Approach
Topic A: The CSI Approach
Topic B: Integrate the CSI Approach and the Guiding ITIL Principles
Lesson 3: Using ITIL Metrics and Measurement
Topic A: Implement Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
Topic B: Use Hierarchies, Cascades, and Categories of Metrics
Topic C: Develop Assessments
Topic D: Evaluate Reporting Methods
Lesson 4: Applying ITIL Communication Principles
Topic A: Implement Effective Communication Techniques
Topic B: Apply ITSM Communication Methods
Lesson 5: Managing Organizational Change for Improvement Using ITIL
Topic A: Integrate Organizational Change Management and ITSM
Topic B: Create an OCM Action Plan