Tableau® Desktop: Part 2 (Second Edition)
In this course, you will perform advanced data visualization and data blending with Tableau.
- Blend data multiple sources.
- Join data.
- Access data in PDFs.
- Refine visualizations with sets and parameters.
- Analyze data with calculations.
- Visualize data with advanced calculations.
- Perform statistical analysis and forecasting.
- Create geographic visualizations.
- Get answers with Ask and Explain
This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using Tableau to perform numerical or general data analysis, visualization, and reporting. They need to provide data visualizations from multiple data sources, or combine data to show comparisons, manipulate data through calculations, create interactive visualizations, or create visualizations that showcase insights from statistical analysis.
This course is also designed for students who plan to obtain Tableau Desktop Certified Associate certification, which requires candidates to pass the Tableau Desktop Certified Associate exam.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with importing data and creating data visualizations in Tableau. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following South African Career Campus course:
- Tableau® Desktop: Part 1 (Second Edition)
Optionally, having experience with other data analytics tools, such as Google Analytics™ or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, as well as an understanding of database design concepts or a background in statistical analysis, will help you get even more out of Tableau. The following courses are helpful but not required:
- Google Analytics™: Foundation (Second Edition)
- Database Design: A Modern Approach
- Data Analysis and Visualization with Microsoft® Excel®
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 4 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Bootable DVD-ROM or USB drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Fast Ethernet (100 Mb/s) adapter or faster and cabling to connect to the classroom network.
- IP addresses that do not conflict with other portions of your network.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft® 365/2019
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® for Microsoft® 365/2019
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
- Tableau® Desktop 2020.2
- Tableau® Prep Builder 2020.2
- Any web browser.
- Students will need a valid email address that they can access during the course.
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
Lesson 1: Blending Data from Multiple Sources
Topic A: Blend Data
Topic B: Refine Blends to Visualize Key Information
Lesson 2: Joining Data
Topic A: Create Joins
Topic B: Troubleshoot Joins
Topic C: Merge Data with Unions
Lesson 3: Accessing Data in PDFs
Topic A: Connect to PDFs
Topic B: Clean Up and Organize PDF Data
Lesson 4: Refining Visualizations with Sets and Parameters
Topic A: Create Sets
Topic B: Analyze Data with Sets
Topic C: Apply Parameters to Refine Visualizations
Topic D: Create Advanced Visualizations
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data with Calculations
Topic A: Create Calculated Fields to Analyze Data
Topic B: Manipulate Data with Functions
Topic C: Analyze Data with Table Calculations
Lesson 6: Visualizing Data with Advanced Calculations
Topic A: Create Groups and Bins with Calculations
Topic B: Analyze Data with LOD Expressions
Lesson 7: Performing Statistical Analysis and Forecasting
Topic A: Perform Statistical Analysis
Topic B: Forecast Data Trends
Lesson 8: Creating Geographic Visualizations
Topic A: Create Maps
Topic B: Customize Mapped Data
Lesson 9: Getting Answers with Ask and Explain
Topic A: Ask Data
Topic B: Explain Data